In this interactive half-day workshop learn how to use the BOOM software platform to:
- Understand what energy products to install, and where (including solar, hot water heat pumps, air-conditioning, lighting, insulation and draught-proofing)
- Compare options across your buildings
- Competitively procure your selected solutions
- Monitor performance of your selected products (solar/hot water/heating/cooling); and
- Measure and verify the costs and benefits of your selected products
The focus of this session will be learning how to use the BOOM platform. This will include gaining familiarity with the different dashboards and modules of the software, learning how to add a new property and input data for it, and understanding what data can be collected on-site versus what can be done prior to, or following a site visit.
Participants will gain experience in interpreting the business case generated for a property and comparing upgrade options for different properties. This session will help you start using the platform and fast-tracking your decision-making and installations for future solar and energy efficiency upgrade programs, whether that is the current maintenance stimulus funding or a long-term upgrade program.
Participants are expected to have some familiarity with inspecting properties, although guidance will be provided on how to identify and assess the roof for solar, and the quality of other energy efficiency systems in the property.