Community Housing Associations and Providers that are funded or regulated by the Victorian Government and that work with children will be required under new laws to comply with mandatory child safe standards and reporting obligations.
This workshop will cover the following:
- An overview of the legal obligations for community housing providers in accordance with child protection laws;
- Mandatory and voluntary reporting obligations under legislation;
- The Reportable Conduct Scheme, its applicability to housing providers and tips for running an investigation;
- Responding to concerns and red flags;
- Practical tips to ensure compliance for your organisation, including how to comply with the child safe standards; and
- Interactive and practical case studies.
This workshop particularly is for staff members who work with families and children