Complaints received by an organisation about the service they provide can be confronting and challenging. However, complaints also provide a valuable opportunity for organisations and workers to identify issues and improve service quality.
Designed in consultation with the Victorian Housing Registrar, this session will give housing and tenancy workers the skills required to respond to complainants and resolve complaints successfully, from the perspective of the complainant as well as the organisation.
The course will cover:
- Effective complaints management processes
- Receiving, understanding, identifying, recording and acknowledging complaints.
- Customer service excellence during the complaints management process.
- Investigating, interviewing, resolving and finalising complaints.
- Managing unreasonable conduct by complainants.
- Recording outcomes and regulatory obligations.
- The rights of complainants and avenues of appeal.
- Complaints as a tool for continuous quality improvement.
- A 3-hour on-line workshop
- Join the workshop from any device, laptop, desktop, tablet or mobile phone
- A dedicated course portal containing self-study and e-learning exercises
- Downloadable materials
This course is suitable for:
new housing workers; experienced housing workers who need to know more about dealing with complaints; experienced housing workers or managers who are new to the community sector; managers who need to improve complaint management systems within their organisation or update complaints procedures or policies.
- Jo is a talented, enthusiastic, and motivational facilitator and coach who prides herself on delivering memorable training that translates to the workplace. She utilises accelerated learning techniques to deliver lively, interactive, and engaging on-line and in person workshops. Jo holds an Honours degree in Housing Studies from De Montfort University along with a Level 4 Certificate in Learning and Development and an ILM Certificate in Coaching.
Jo has forged a career in social housing over the last 25 years, holding senior management roles for some of the largest landlords in the UK and latterly Australia. She is known for being passionate about customer service excellence, putting the customer at the heart of the service and delivering a commercial business model with a social purpose. She is an accomplished senior manager with extensive experience of working remotely and leading a remote and diverse workforce.