We all know that people problems in the workplace can be really damaging for employee morale, impact on company reputation, financially costly for the business and take up precious time and energy that could be better spent elsewhere.
It’s essential that disciplinary matters and grievances are dealt with in a fair, consistent and legal manner, in accordance with policy, procedure, best practice and legislative provisions.
What is in this workshop?
Designed to help you ensure you have a fair and consistent process for dealing with people problems, this course will assist you to:
- Understand the disciplinary and grievance process
- Learn how to manage difficult conversations with employees
- Discover how to investigate disciplinary issues and grievances
- Setup and conduct effective disciplinary meetings at work
- Protect you and your business from employment disputes and claims.
Who should attend?
This training course is ideal for those who have a responsibility for maintaining standards of behaviour in the workplace, conducting disciplinary and grievance investigations, hearings and appeals such as supervisors, coordinators and Managers
Date : 6 + 7 August 2020 – ATTEND BOTH DAYS
Time: 10 AM – 11:30 AM
Cost: $275 inclusive GST- members $297 inclusive GST – non members
Trainer: Lee-Anne Hunt
|Qualifications||· Member of the Australian Human Resources Institute (MAHRI)
· BA (DS)
· Certificate IV Training & Assessment
· APMG Change Management Practitioner
· APMG Agile Project Management Foundation