Fire can consume a home within seven minutes, making fire safety training a must for everyone and particularly Tenancy Workers who manage multi-occupancy community housing.
This course, run by fire fighters at the Metropolitan Fire Brigade’s Burnley Complex, provides participants with an understanding of how to prevent fires in residential buildings and how to respond to an incident using Standard Fire Orders.
The course will cover:
- principles of fire (including the fire triangle, heat transfer, extinguishing a fire)
- identifying risks and hazards in the workplace
- identifying and understanding fire-fighting equipment in buildings
- emergency evacuation assembly areas
- evacuation procedures (including emergency procedures and standard fire orders)
- practical fire extinguisher training (incorporates the use of extinguishers, fire blankets and hose reels).
- It is a must for everyone, including:
- rooming house workers
- tenancy managers of blocks of flats, units or bedsits that have fire protection infrastructure such as alarm systems and
- managers of tenancy staff who manage these types of housing and need to understand their responsibilities
- anyone who wants to reduce the risk of fire in their own home.
Venue: MFB Burnley Complex – 450 Burnley Street, Richmond Victoria 3121Trainer: MFB (Metropolitan Fire Brigade)