The course is designed for staff managing multi-occupancy community housing. It aims to give the participants an understanding of fire prevention in residential buildings including initial response to an incident using Standard Fire Orders.
It will be run at the Metropolitan Fire Brigade’s (MFB) Burnley Complex by MFB officers.
The course will cover:
- Principles of fire (including the fire triangle, heat transfer, extinguishing a fire)
- Identifying risks and hazards in the workplace
- Identifying and understanding fire fighting equipment in buildings
- Emergency evacuation assembly areas
- Evacuation procedures (including emergency procedures and standard fire orders)
- Practical Fire Extinguisher Training (incorporates the use of extinguishers, fire blankets and hose reels)
- It would be suitable for:
- Rooming house workers
- Tenancy managers of blocks of flats, units or bedsits that have fire protection infrastructure such as alarm systems and
- sprinkler systems.
- Managers of tenancy staff who manage these types of housing and need to understand their responsibilities.