Talking about money with tenants is a skill. According to research, 50% of adults believe that sharing personal money matters is taboo. When you factor that statistic into the landlord/tenant relationship, it is easy to see why it can be so difficult to encourage tenants to be honest about their finances.
Feeling confident to have those difficult money conversations is an essential component of your work as housing practitioners. The ability to talk about money will enable you to work with your tenants to improve their financial resilience, prevent debt and recover arrears.
This training will provide you with the tools and confidence to have those difficult money conversations.
This course will address:
- Why we need to have money conversations
- The psychology of people and money
- The key aspects of financial capability
- Gaining trust and Influencing behaviours
- What to say, how to say it and when to say it
- A 3-hour on-line workshop
- Join the workshop from any device, laptop, desktop, tablet or mobile phone
- A dedicated course portal containing self-study and e-learning exercises
- Downloadable materials
The workshop would be suitable for:
- Anyone who needs to have money conversations with tenants