This one day course provides an overview for new workers on the scope, role and operation of the community housing sector.
It is aimed at ALL new workers in the sector. It looks at:
- The Australian social housing system
- Different forms of housing assistance
- Rent setting methods in social housing
- Allocation systems, problems and issues
- The asset management challenge
- How the sector is financed
- Different housing programs: crisis, transitional, rooming house, co-operatives, long-term
- The community housing business model
- Regulation and funding by government
- Access and allocation: The Victorian Housing Register
- Tenancy rights and duties
- Partnerships between housing and support services
- Examine the ethics of care as a social policy tool. We examine the history behind it, the concepts that have led to its formation, and the way it can be applied in practice
Who should attend?
- New Workers in Community Housing and Homelessness Sector
This workshop will be capped at 14 to allow for maximum participation & discussion.