No one wants to, or should, get hurt at work! Community Housing organisations and staff want to provide workers, and contractors, with a safe work environment. Practical systems and procedures will not only reduce the chance of someone getting hurt but also assist in developing steps to manage organisational risk.
This course will assist attendees to;
- Understand the OH&S environment in community housing. Attendees will learnt to;
- utilise Safe Works Method Statements (SWMS) to identify and document risk and hazards ,
- understand and manage risk by risk management matrix
- apply the hierarchy of controls to reduce OH&S risk
- assessing risk management processes, and,
- understand how these steps should be used when managing contractors and developing systems to induct and manage contractors
- and where to find further safety resources
Our trainer, Tim Liston understands the importance of safe work environment to reduce risk of injury and harm to staff, contractors and tenants through his working experience from over 20 years in various community housing roles.
It would be suitable for:
- New housing workers
- Experienced housing workers that are not familiar with OH & S procedures
- Managers who are not themselves familiar with the responsibilities involved in OH & S