This one day training will be run in a highly interactive way with the participants encouraged to bring up individual cases while respecting the need for confidentiality.
At the end of the training the participants will:
- Have a more developed understanding of the factors that contribute to the complexity of cases.
- Understand the need for a detailed assessment of the individual and the need for clear, specific agreed upon goals between all parties working with the client.
- Be able to describe a process for managing complex cases and understand how to implement that process.
- Have extended their skills in working collaboratively and productively with clients, their families (where relevant) and other service providers.
- Have developed their understanding of common barriers to change for individuals, including systems issues, and how to overcome those barriers.
David Cherry will run this training. David is a Clinical and Forensic Psychologist who has been working for over 35 years. David has extensive experience in case management in a range of sectors, including in homelessness, child protection and youth and family services. David has been running training on managing complex and difficult cases for over 30 years.