Almost nine per cent of staff employed by CHIA Vic’s member organisations contact the confidential Employee Assistance Program for counselling assistance each year, with work being the cause of 47 per cent of calls for help.
This workshop will give participants insights into how to manage stress and anxiety at work. It will cover practical techniques to manage stress and reduce anxiety, which will also improve participants productivity and overall job satisfaction.
The workshop aims to not only provide education and information, but help create a more mentally healthy, supportive workplace.
Acacia Connection Group’s founder and CEO, Greg Kentish will present the workshop, which will cover:
- Understand stress and anxiety and how they differ.
- Good vs bad stress.
- The neuroscience behind the impacts of stress and anxiety.
- Common causes and triggers of stress and anxiety at work.
THE TOXIC EFFECT OF STRESS and ANXIETY
- The prevalence of stress and anxiety in Australia.
- Common effects of stress and anxiety at work: mental, physical and social.
- The direct link between stress and anxiety and productivity.
- Dealing with other people’s stress and anxiety.
- From stress to anxiety and depression.
- Spot the signs and know the difference.
- Important strategies to manage anxiety.
STRESS REDUCTION STRATEGIES
- Effective stress reduction strategies.
- The top 10 stress-busting tips for the short, medium and long-term.
- Tools and resources.