Positively impacting the lives of tenants is at the core of what we do. Yet we often struggle to measure and communicate this impact in a way that demonstrates the true value of community housing.
Join your community housing peers for this 3-hour session on practical skills and tools to immediately put into practice impact measurement and management in your organisation. It is tailored to the needs of community housing organisations seeking to use the CHIA Vic Social Outcomes Framework.
Date: Tuesday 10th November 2020
Time: 9.30am – 12.30pm
Through group discussion, practical exercises and reflection this interactive course will cover the following key topics:
- Why it matters to measure the impact of safe, secure and affordable housing
- Understand why impact measurement is important to their role and community housing.
- Learn the principles and language of impact measurement and management.
- Know about the CHIA Vic Social Outcomes Framework and how it can be applied in different organisations and unique settings.
- How to measure tenant outcomes
- Review the set of measures and the tenant survey from the CHIA Vic Social Outcomes Framework
- Explore practical approaches for running the tenant survey and addressing data collection challenges
- Using tenant outcomes data to drive change and influence
- Analysing the tenant outcomes data for continuous improvement
- Communicating the tenant outcomes data to demonstrate your impact.
The training is capped at 15 participants to ensure adequate time for discussion and interaction with the trainer.
Who should attend?
This introductory session is suitable for people with no prior experience in social impact measurement.
The course will be invaluable to organisations seeking to:
- Measure tenant outcomes as part of continuous improvement and internal and external reporting
- Use the Social Outcomes Framework developed by CHIA Vic to support consistent and quality measurement across the community housing sector
- Enhance the focus on tenants and the impact of housing and services for them.
About Think Impact
The training will be provided by Think Impact, an advisory and consulting firm with expertise in social impact measurement and one of Australia’s leading providers of social impact training. Think Impact developed the Social Outcomes Framework for CHIA Vic and consults widely to diverse sectors including the community housing sector.