The restrictions applied by the COVID-19 pandemic mean that all VCAT hearings will continue to be held over the phone and by Zoom for longer hearings, for at least the next few months.
This two and a half-hour on-line workshop will help to ensure that you are properly prepared to present confidently and effectively at a phone or Zoom VCAT hearing. Delivered using the Zoom platform, the workshop allows delegates to become familiar and more confident with using the software in a safe environment.
The workshop takes a blended learning approach which provides fantastic added value:
- Join the workshop from any device, laptop, desktop, tablet or mobile phone.
- A 2.5 hour fully interactive on-line session available to replay at any time
- Downloadable materials to reinforce learning
This on-line workshop will address:
- Preparing for a virtual VCAT appearance
- VCAT protocols and processes in the virtual environment
- Making the right impression
- Communicating effectively via Zoom and Phone
- Maximising the potential of Zoom software
- Orders of Possession/Termination
- Adjournments, Withdrawals and Warrants of Possession
- The impact of the Human Rights Charter
The workshop would be suitable for:
Anyone preparing and presenting at VCAT by phone or Zoom
Jo Leckie is a talented, enthusiastic, and motivational facilitator who prides herself on delivering memorable training that translates to the workplace. She utilises accelerated learning techniques to deliver lively, interactive and engaging on-line and in person workshops. Jo holds an Honours degree in Housing Studies from De Montfort University along with a Level 4 Certificate in Learning and Development.
Jo has forged a career in social housing over the last 25 years, holding senior operational roles for some of the largest landlords in the UK and latterly Australia. She is known for being passionate about customer service excellence, putting the customer at the heart of the service and delivering a commercial business model with a social purpose.