As a front line member of staff attempting to collect rent and recover rent arrears, this practical workshop will give you the tools to manage your rent accounts effectively and consider ways in which you can encourage your tenants to pay their rent.
Delegates will consider new and innovative ways of preventing rent debt and recovering arrears, alongside best practice from both within and outside the sector to avoid tenants from stepping on the downward escalator towards homelessness.
The workshop will address:
- The business drivers for maximising income collection
- The likely causes of rent arrears
- Financial inclusion and financial resilience
- The benefits of early intervention
- The importance of good communication
- Behavioural insights – Nudge Theory
- Making the decision to proceed to VCAT
- The factors to consider before requesting a warrant for possession
The workshop would be suitable for:
- Tenancy and property managers responsible for rent arrears recovery
- Team Leaders responsible for managing front line staff who recover rent debt