Are you in a front-line role, interacting with clients? Do clients, work colleagues or family members sometimes start talking to you as if you were a counsellor, but you are not employed in a counselling role? What should you do? How should you respond? What is an appropriate and helpful way for you to deal with that situation?
In this highly interactive one-day course, you will learn to
- Define the role of Incidental Counsellor
- Identify a range of basic counselling skills
- Practice skills to assist clients to identify their needs
- Gain confidence in talking to people in this specific way
- Identify a variety of self-care strategies
- Be clear about personal and professional boundaries (reasonable expectations)
- Understand when and how to refer
This workshop will be capped at 12 to allow for maximum participation/discussion.