This is part of CHIA Vic’s Induction Program
The full day course provides training and information on Consumer Affairs notices and appearing at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).
Participants will learn the skills and information needed to not only prepare for VCAT appearances, but also to ensure policies and procedures are observed properly and correctly in the lead up to any appearance.
The training will deal with:
• Completing Consumer Affairs Notices correctly
• Correct service of Notices
• Legal options for dealing with various tenancy issues
• Calculation of rent arrears and paid to dates
• Calculation of Termination Dates
• How to prepare for VCAT appearances
• What to do to ensure you have done everything right
• Orders of Possession
• Adjournments, Withdrawals, and Warrants of Possession
• Impact of the Human Rights Charter
It would be suitable for:
• New tenancy workers who have completed the CHIA Vic or TAFE Residential Tenancies Act course.
• Experienced tenancy workers that need to know more about VCAT and associated policies and procedures
• Experienced housing workers who are new to the role of tenancy management
• Managers who need to incorporate and implement procedures into their organisation’s policies
This training can be completed as a single subject or as part of the CHIA Vic’s Induction Program, which is a must for new workers.
*** please bring a copy of the Residential Tenancies Act with you to the training if you have access to one.